Advantages of Lumineers:
- Natural looking, beautiful appearance: Lumineers are made of the highest quality porcelain to replicate the translucency and color of natural teeth.
- No drilling: No tooth structure is filed down for Lumineers.
- No injections: Lumineers don’t require any injections.
- No numbing agents: Lumineers don’t require any numbing agents.
- Durability: The porcelain is extremely durable and strong, despite its thinness. Many people don’t realize that porcelain is even stronger than enamel.
- Stain resistant: Lumineers resist stains from coffee, tea, soda, tobacco, and other discoloring foods and drinks.
Disadvantages of Lumineers:
Can chip or come off: Lumineers can possibly break or even come off. Patients with veneers need to be careful to protect their smile and their investment. Even though veneers are bonded very strongly to your teeth, you should not use your veneers to tear open a bag, rip a piece of a bagel off, or chew hard foods.
About the veneers experience at Lissauer Dental:
A beautiful smile makeover starts with an excellent relationship between you and your cosmetic dentist. Our office prides itself on our welcoming environment, where you feel at ease and relaxed. Before we even provide our opinion, we want to know your aesthetic goals, worries, desires and concerns. If you are interested in a smile makeover, we are more than happy to answer any questions and provide a complimentary evaluation to explore the possibility of veneers.