You have beautiful new veneers. Here are a few essential factors that will help your radiant new smile last as long as possible:
- Practice good oral hygiene: You should brush at least twice per day (after your first and last meals) and floss once per day.
- Regular dental visits and cleanings: You should visit your dentist at least twice per year for dental cleanings and regular exams.
- Avoid using your teeth with veneers to tear: Although the veneers are very strongly bonded, using your teeth to tear can pry the veneer off. (Learn more in our article: What if a veneer breaks?)
- Avoid using your teeth with veneers to open packages:
- Avoid using your teeth with veneers to rip food: Like bagels, hard breads, or a difficult steak
- Avoid hard foods: Like nuts, popcorn kernels, ice, frozen candy bars, and crusty bread on teeth with veneers
- Avoid clenching or grinding your teeth: Clenching and grinding your teeth can cause veneers to chip or come off. You should inform your dentist if you think you grind your teeth while sleeping. A protective nightguard may be needed in this situation.
- Wear a mouthguard during athletic activities:
About the veneers experience at Lissauer Dental:
A beautiful smile makeover starts with an excellent relationship between you and your cosmetic dentist. Our office prides itself on our welcoming environment, where you feel at ease and relaxed. Before we even provide our opinion, we want to know your aesthetic goals, worries, desires and concerns. If you are interested in a smile makeover, we are more than happy to answer any questions and provide a complimentary evaluation to explore the possibility of veneers.